Autocad 2012 - Boundary error

Gmhall

While creating a boundary I am experiencing this error from time to time. I have tried auditing the drawings, restarting computer, importing objecting to a new file and about everything I can think of to solve this. Is there maybe a tolerance setting for the boundary somewhere that I can adjust?

As you can see the boundary bulged outside the filleted area. This error has occurred in a few drawings so I do not think it is a problem with the file. Any advice on how to solve this would be great. A 5 second task has turned into a 10 minute job when the boundary fails like this.

Mike

Autocad boundary error.jpg

Boundaries have always been finicky in AutoCAD. I usually trace over items I need using the PLINE command and CLOSE the PLINE at the end of the connection. Even then I've seen the boundary command have errors.

I can use the PLINE command and my have to but it again takes a 5 second job of creating boundaries into a 10 minute job of going around a PEDIT all the lines to join them. If there is a way to solve this I sure would like to.

Mike

yeah, that is what i did. many years ago before I discovered the boundary command that is how i would create a continuous line. Its just not as easy as click and its done. hahaha I just hate little bugs that pop up and destroy your production rate.

This is an example of my 3D modeling which has to be turned into 2D drawings for producing parts. i use the boundary command to create every single part from the 3D objects. So again, it would be nice to be able to use the boundary command without fearing it will have an error that goes unnoticed until the parts have been cut. hahaha

50cc Staudacher rendering 01.jpg