Meet AutoDesk

addesigns

How do I get in touch with the person/persons who started Autodesk so I can shake his/her/their hand(s) and thank them for creating AutoCAD. I love this program.

Feedback.JPG

I doubt if they get very many positive comments via Feedback... you may just make someone's day.

I also LOVE AutoCAD .... except for the times I absolutely hate it....but mostly I love it... although I really I wish they would fix .... :lol:

For me the "old days" are pencil and paper on drawing board.

I still have an old 386-16 with math co-processor ( :rofl: ) with DOS versions of AutoCAD and some program called CADKey that works just fine (if you don't mind taking a coffee break every time you zoom all).

I have to admit, I really enjoy drawing pencil and paper in my space time, it is definetly an art. Im just glad I don't have to do it for my job.

Cut my teeth on these for years before I ever saw AutoCAD.

For me the "old days" are pencil and paper on drawing board.

I still have an old 386-16 with math co-processor ( :rofl: ) with DOS versions of AutoCAD and some program called CADKey that works just fine (if you don't mind taking a coffee break every time you zoom all).

Have a competition one day with a competent sketcher compare the time for a 3d render you may find the guy with the pencil wins !

Any way version 1.4 wow how good was it 1978 ?

Depends on what the final image is supposed to be I guess. As well as how correct the image is supposed to be too. Not saying at times it can't be just that is depends on several factors. Much like the old "I can draft faster than you can CAD" attitude. Depends on what the final image is supposed to be. Now having said that one could "draw" faster than say a CAD user. Perhaps a situation where scale is not used and sizes are just approximated.

Have a competition one day with a competent sketcher compare the time for a 3d render you may find the guy with the pencil wins !

Any way version 1.4 wow how good was it 1978 ?