• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• addesigns

• ReMark

• rkent

• nestly

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ViewCube has independent display settings for Modelspace and each Paperspace layouts, as well as independent settings for 2D wireframe vs any of the 3D visual styles. NAVVCUBE > OFF will always disable the Viewcube in the current view/viewport

Something I want to know about view cube. Is do people actually use it? and how do you get it to set the UCS to front view it always goes xz for me. Very Painful..

I like the new VIEWPORT CONTROLS feature in Autocad 2012, which you can turn on in your options, in the lower left corner of the 3D Modeling tab. As shown in the attachment, these 3 controls let you change your Viewport configuration, your View and your Visual Styles, without the use of those 3 toolbars. The View setting acts like using the View toolbar or View Palette on the ribbon. Choosing a new orthogonal setting will change the UCS, as either of those other approaches does. Selecting an isometric view will restore the WCS.

new in 2012.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

...do people actually use it? and how do you get it to set the UCS to front view it always goes xz for me. Very Painful..

The Viewcube changes the View, not the UCS, however I also use the UCS drop-down under the Cube to quickly switch between my Named UCS's

I was going to use it for my ISO drawings. I was gonna draw a reference line so that I cold try and get a 30 60 angle and do ISO's. Through trial and error, I realized the way I wanted to do them was to set Z values for my lines and put second floor on top of first and draw my ups and downs. I realized it is much easier just to set my lines at 30 and 60 and draw them that way. Much faster

Yes and no. I drew up the sanitation and water lines for the first and second floor, then held shift and moved around so I get the 3D affect. I am just practicing ISO drawings for when I have to do them for a new project. I thought maybe that if I were to give a z value that it would eliminate me having to do a bunch more drawing. I saved some time, but in the end it all evened out when I just started an ISO from scratch using those angles.

Dude, stop going for "affect" and do it in true 3D. You're straddling the line here unable to make up your mind. Are you in or are you out? Make a choice then don't look back.

I know, I know, but the people I work with insist that I draw how they tell me, even though they say that everyone draws different. I was having trouble seeing how everything goes together with plumbing ISO;s but it is becoming much clearer now. I think I may have to stick to the angles in 2D so they dont get pissed if they have to work on it if I am not here.

No, I just use polar tracking and have my ortho turned off. I look at what I am drawing and start to draw it in 2D but in ISO mode. I am not using the ISO mode that you can switch too. Reason being: It has been much easier (especially since I have never done plumbing ISO's before) to look at the floor plan of my water mains and then start drawing.

AutoCAD provides the user with the ability to create 2D isometric drawings (and gives them the ability to control the isoplane with one key) and you purposely decided not to use the feature. You really do like making more work for yourself don't you?:wacko:

I won't ask how these drawings are then reproduced because I don't want to hear about the two stone tablets sitting in the corner alongside the mallet and chisel. LoL

Personally I'd like you to skip 2D iso altogether and go right into 3D but I guess we'll take it one slow step at a time. Works for me too.

You're lucky it's me that is bugging you and not JDM. He'd have you throw AutoCAD out the window and run out and buy the latest release of a modern mCAD program....Inventor. LoL

Edited by ReMark

I dont mind dealing with you. You have helped me out with a lot of issues since starting my job 1.5 months ago. They had alot of expectations from me eventhough I told them I can draw, but dont know everything about the file hierarchy. It is my goal to be an AutoCAD guru before this time next year. Gonna check out AU convention at Las Vegas some time to see what goes on and they have to say