MTEXT Keyboard input

mlandry5091

I use Autocad LT, and after using it for several years, a new problem has cropped up that I can't seem to resolve.

Every time I try to use MTEXT, the dialog box comes up and the prompter starts to blink, as it usually does when it is prepared for keyboard typing input. But as I type, nothing appears in the box, and nothing appears on the screen when done. This also occurs if I try to edit MTEXT. I can select as point in the paragraph where I want to make an edit, but when I type, either nothing appears, or it starts to delete characters.

DTEXT works fine, so I know it is not an issue with the keyboard. Has anyone ever had this glitch, and been able to repair it without re-loading Autocad?

Most likely a graphics card or driver issue, do you have the latest driver? Next would be a Windows registry problem or Windows setting. Next would be a corrupt, missing or troublesome .dll.

I would think that, since this problem cropped up just recently, after working for years, it would probably negate the graphics or driver issue. I'm not sure about Windows, but the computer and all it's associated programs are running fine; just this one MTEXT issue. You may be correct about the .dll file. Is it possible to correct without re-installing Autocad?

I would think that, since this problem cropped up just recently, after working for years, it would probably negate the graphics or driver issue. I'm not sure about Windows, but the computer and all it's associated programs are running fine; just this one MTEXT issue. You may be correct about the .dll file. Is it possible to correct without re-installing Autocad?

Not necessarily true, cards as well as software among other things do fail after having worked fine. If the Windows registry that is dealing with AutoCAD is messed up, it would only effect AutoCAD/Autodesk.

You might try a Repair before an Uninstall/Reinstall, wouldn't hurt.