Offset line question

I have recently started drafting for a firm that does tracing of pipes. My job consists of drawing a pipe (Poly Line) in an isometric view, and then tracing that pipe with another linetype, offsetting it by 2 snaps (each snap = .03125 inches). The tracing of the pipe must either be to the right, or below the origianal pipe. Using a simple offset command only works if the pipe is drawn in one plane. Once I change planes, the offset messes up. Is there any way out there that will offset a poly line 2 snaps down, and 2 snaps right? I have included a picture below to show what It looks like when it's properly executed.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzTycs9D_qaZZWM0ODUyZDItYjNmOS00NjQ3LWJlMDgtZmIzZjUwOGJkZjdk

I tried that, and it works if it's on the same plane, but as soon as I change planes, the line that was on bottom, goes to the top.

As well, it needs to be plines, because i use different thickness for each line. I know I Lee Mac has a routine to convert lines to plines, but it still doesn't solve my issue of the lines going from top to bottom when changing planes.

Good suggestion though. I did go try it myself.

You will need a custom program to draw the lines as image can be done needs a number of rules built into it regarding change of direction.

As the plan is still a true 2d maybe draw your master pline, then pick pline and ask via pick which side each segment is to be copied to as first attempt