AutoCAD 2013

jdits7

I can understand waiting for a release in the U.S. for software from another country... What I don't understand is why a Company whose HQ is in the United States releases it's product to a foreign market first. This seems to be a slap in the face to all of us who where and are for the most part responsible for the continuing success of AutoDesk...

Remember your roots AutoDesk!!!

KC

I can understand waiting for a release in the U.S. for software from another country... What I don't understand is why a Company whose HQ is in the United States releases it's product to a foreign market first. This seems to be a slap in the face to all of us who where and are for the most part responsible for the continuing success of AutoDesk...

Remember your roots AutoDesk!!!

KC

Considering the history of initial releases, I don't mind letting someone else work out the bug fixes for SP1

2013 doesn't look that impressive to me from what I've seen. Sure there are some new features/functionality although most of it I'd never use personally.

There are more features that are not posted yet due to NDA agreements. I could only post what is posted in Japan.

There are more features that are not posted yet due to NDA agreements.

I have seen those, although I am still not impressed.

I have seen those, although I am still not impressed.

It's not like it's a monumental release, but every release has something I can use. That's why I always get a bit excited. There's always some small little command or tool that has been added that makes a lot of difference in every version.

It's not like it's a monumental release, but every release has something I can use. That's why I always get a bit excited. There's always some small little command or tool that has been added that makes a lot of difference in every version.

I am curious about any improvements to the VIEWBASE functions, I saw that objects are now selectable, hopefully there will be more than that. I always get excited too, especially by new EXPRESS tools, as they run ahead of the curve.

As part of the Beta test, there are a few things that they did great on, and a couple of things that make me ask "why can't they do this?"

I've tried the beta also and while there are a few improvements, the most useful feature I found that I would use fairly often is the ability to have strikethrough text as part of the mtext formatting. The other new features might be nice although are not something I would ever be likely to use.

All I want to know is did AutoDesk finally add the "magic button"?

If I might be so bold as to inquire; what exactly will the aforementioned prestidigitatious button be expected to do, to deserve such a lofty moniker? :winner:

No multithreading, not even support for multithreaded .net applications. No new features I'd use. New bloat. No reason to upgrade.

More performance is what I need, not more functionality.

I guess with all of the vertical products that are geared towards a specific industry, what is the point of selling AutoCAD anymore? Especially with Draftsight being free. You automatically get ACAD with darn near any vertical product that you purchase but there's still a $4,000 price tag attached to it.

That and the fact that ordinate dimensions STILL suck in ACAD really put me off from buying an upgrade. I like how you can automatically bring in orthographic views of a solid and that the dimensions (usually) follow any changes in size to the solid model, but now that I have SolidWorks it just isn't a turn on anymore.