How to SCALE a drawing from MM to INCHES

paisis123

As the title says. How do you Scale the drawing that i have in model space that's currently drawn in MM to INCHES?:glare:

I'm AutoCAD employee and i still have trouble with scaling. Any help will be appreciated.:unsure:

There are too many figures there for me. How about drawing a line 25.4 long. Then scale the whole drawing with reference to that line, and the new length is 1 :D

Hope you have not got too many dimensions, because they HATE being scaled :shock:

Wait i figured it out

Can you double check this technique that my coworker showed me?

find the measurement of one line of the drawing

in this case 35xx mm

then find out what that converts to in inches

in this case 137.xxx

then by drawing a new line on the original drawing at the proper scale that you want, just use the scale command and stretch it to the new point.

ReMark, was this a right course of action?

I like precision!

Um...quick question...if the OP "works for AutoCAD" why does he/she show ACAD2010 as current version? Might you need to update your profile?

Select objects to be scaled, SCALE command, select base point, Right-Click and select QuickCalc, 1/25.4= select Apply and hit enter. I once had a couple of macros to select all and scale, one for mm to inches and one for inches to mm.

If you want precision, then I gave you precision. :D

One of the few conversions that does not involve huge numbers of figures, 25.40000000000000000000mm equals 1inch exactly.

Another option: maybe it's different for autocad vs. civil3d, but I believe -dwgunits in autocad (I know -aecdwgunits in civil 3d) will ask something like "scale objects in drawing?" when you change the units. Select yes and it will scale the objects for you.

I'm AutoCAD employee and i still have trouble with scaling. .:unsure:

Do you mean you work for AutoCAD the company or you work for a private firm to use AutoCAD?