Solid hatch and text problem

Mad Bubbler

Hello all,

I have been having some trouble with ploting solid hatch. When I plot to PDF I always get random white lines through the solid hatch.

The Plotter I am using is "Adobe PDF converter" and when I switch the plotter to " DWG to PDF" the white lines no longer show up, but then all of my text turns from what I would call standard "Arial to Bold Arial". Is there a way to solve both the soild hatch and the text issue?.

I have tried changing lineweights, and also the width within the text properties and nothing seems to help. I have also noticed that when I plot to "DWG to PDF" and compair the Title blocks and scale bars, there is scaling issue that I just cant seem to figure out.

The software versions I currently have are:

AutoCAD 2008

Adobe Acrobat 8 Standard V.8.3.0.

Mad Bubbler

Welcome to the forum!

I have had similar experiences with .pdf converters. Another problem that I have seen is masked text where the mask blacks out the text (like edited text).

Unfortunately, the error seems to lie with the converter. I have had to try the ones you listed and also CutePDF. Often with success. Some of the newer versions of adobe, ACAD and CutePDF seem to have less problems.

A work around for the hatch problem that has worked for me is to change the solid hatch to a dots pattern with the dots close together.

For the text, I have tried (with some success) to change the font to a different font, like a times, courier, etc. Plot once (to .pdf). Then change the font back to aerial and .pdf, again. Not sure why the bolding occurs during the .pdf conversion. I have even had once where some of the text was bolded where other was standard font! You may also try using a different font all together, like a courier.

As to the change in apparent scale, check to make sure that when you print to printer that the settings are correct in adobe for printing without scale adjustments, like fit to paper.

Good luck.