get data from attribute needs help

pmxcad

Hello.

I made my first lisp. It`s a simple one and looks like script. It works ok (i have to copy and paste bij myself)but i want it to do automatic.

Sure there is better way to do it, but it is a start.

I want the lisp to do:

-Select a attribute from a block (VIEWP, rectangle)

-copie the value

-starts the view command to create named view

-W from window

-Autocad asked for a name

-Paste the attribute value

-Enter

-And selecting a window for the named-view..by me

Done

It looks simple but i don`t think it is.

The copie and paste things are difficult for me.

I used PAUSE for user input. It works, but it can be better.

Thanks,

PmxCAD

NAMEDVW.dwg

NAMEDVIEW.LSP

Assuming:

The tagname of the attribute is always "NAMEDVW"

The ATTRIB string value is a valid symbol name

Maybe something like this:

[b][color=BLACK]([/color][/b]defun c:nvw [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]/ ss en an ad nv p1 p2[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]and [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]setq ss [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]ssget '[b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]0 . [color=#2f4f4f]"INSERT"[/color][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]66 . 1[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
      [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]= [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]sslength ss[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b] 1[b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
      [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]setq en [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]ssname ss 0[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
            an [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]entnext en[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
            ad [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]entget an[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
      [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]while [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]= [color=#2f4f4f]"ATTRIB"[/color] [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]cdr [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]assoc 0 ad[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
             [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]and [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]= [color=#2f4f4f]"NAMEDVW"[/color] [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]cdr [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]assoc 2 ad[b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                  [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]setq nv [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]cdr [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]assoc 1 ad[b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
             [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq an [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]entnext an[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                   ad [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]entget an[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]if nv
   [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]progn
      [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]initget 1[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
      [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq p1 [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]getpoint [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]strcat [color=#2f4f4f]"\nSelect 1 Corner Of "[/color] nv [color=#2f4f4f]" View Window:  "[/color][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
      [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]initget 1[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
      [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq p2 [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]getcorner p1 [color=#2f4f4f]"\nSelect Opposite Corner Of View Window:   "[/color][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
      [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]command [color=#2f4f4f]"_.VIEW"[/color] [color=#2f4f4f]"_Window"[/color] nv p1 p2[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
   [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]alert [color=#2f4f4f]"No View Names Found"[/color][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]prin1 nv[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
 [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]prin1[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b][b][color=BLACK])[/color][/b]

-David

Edited by David Bethel
Change c: command name to avoid conflict in 2012

Thanks David.

It is not working. Wel it does something, It opens the view dialog. What i like to have, Is running the lisp, select an attribute from a block, and after that, selecting/pick-points for the view..........done.

The value/text from the selected attribute becomes the name of the named view.

Thanks,

PmxCAD

Thanks David.

It is not working. Wel it does something, It opens the view dialog. What i like to have, Is running the lisp, select an attribute from a block, and after that, selecting/pick-points for the view..........done.

The value/text from the selected attribute becomes the name of the named view.

Thanks,

PmxCAD

Works here as well (2009)

I suggest you change the c:newview to something else like c:NW

Works here as well (2009)

I suggest you change the c:newview to something else like c:NW

Looks like pBe is correct . NEWVIEW is a internal ACAD commend now. -David