Displacement distance as @(7sin60)<75

Is there any way to include a trig function in the displacment distance?

@(7sin60)

I have to calculate it each time and type in something like the following:

@6.062178

Thanks in advance.

Try this:

@(* 7 (sin 60))<75

it should work ... if the angle is 60RADIANS

For degrees:

@(* 7 (sin (/ (* 60 PI) 180)))<75 

I admit that it is pretty complicated for a beginner, you should read the help file for Lisp expression

An alternative solution is to use Excel to do the calculation and build the displacement string - use cells A1, A2 and A3 to fill your values and copy-paste the concatenated string to AutoCAD command prompt.

=CONCATENATE("@", ROUND(A1 * SIN(A2 * PI() / 180), 5), "<", A3)

Regards,

Mircea

• 3 weeks later...
An alternative solution is to use Excel to do the calculation and build the displacement string - use cells A1, A2 and A3 to fill your values and copy-paste the concatenated string to AutoCAD command prompt.

=CONCATENATE("@", ROUND(A1 * SIN(A2 * PI() / 180), 5), "<", A3)

Regards,

Mircea

The above expression is written in Excel. Is it correct?

Then how do you send this expression into cad? copy/paste?

The above expression is written in Excel. Is it correct?

That's true, it is a formula for Excel. I proposed that to help OP build desired expresion since on LT there is no AutoLISP available.

Then how do you send this expression into cad? copy/paste?

The method is indeed Copy/Paste - I already stated that into my post; just be careful to copy from cell, not from formula field.

Regards,

Mircea

• 3 months later...
@6.062178

Is the distance you require one that will change frequently? Is it in anyway related to the scale of the drawing?

I just discovered that you can use 'spacetrans command within the displacement function. This may not be helpful to you, but it does keep the hope of a transparent calculator alive. I only learned about 'spacetrans command last month, after 7 years of CAD. Perhaps there are others that can be used in this way? I am yet to find a comprehensive list.

Okay, so Spacetrans may not be helpful to you at all.

But the ' used before a command to use that command transparently inside another command may be of more use.

You can use a command line calculator function called CAL. I have not had time to get the 7sin60

Command: M MOVE

Select objects: 1 found

Select objects:

Specify base point or [Displacement] : D

Specify displacement : 'CAL

>>>> Expression: SIN(60)

Resuming MOVE command.

Specify displacement : 0.86602540378444

Is the distance you require one that will change frequently? Is it in anyway related to the scale of the drawing?

I just discovered that you can use 'spacetrans command within the displacement function. This may not be helpful to you, but it does keep the hope of a transparent calculator alive. I only learned about 'spacetrans command last month, after 7 years of CAD. Perhaps there are others that can be used in this way? I am yet to find a comprehensive list.

What is spacetrans command?

Spacetrans outputs the model space distance of a paperspace distance input by the user.

It is particularly good for setting standard text heights in all different scales.