Saving from 2012 Mechanical to 2006 lite?

DoctorDrake

It is possible to save from AutoCAD 2012 Mechanical back to REGULAR AutoCAD 2006 Lite? I am updating files on my computer with 2012 Mechanical but have to email them back to the original computer (which only has AutoCAD Lite) to print them out. I wouldn't think it would matter if the save format is AutoCAD Mechanical 2006 as long as it is still a .dwg file, correct? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Dr.Drake

I would guess that if you have the option to save in 2004-2006 format, that the drawing could be opened and printed in LT '06. In the end, it will probably be trial and error as mbd suggested. If you do run into trouble, you may see if any object enablers are available.

I could see a potential for a problem or two going from a full to a LT version and dealing with a 6 year difference in releases. All you can do is try.

Thank you guys for your input. While waiting, I tried saving it as the Mechanical 2006 version and it opened up just fine. The reason I'm doing this is because the LT2006 version will be replaced with another computer sometime this week but I still need to print out what I am working on. Again, Thank you for your input.

Dr.Drake

I have to side with Remark on this one. If all you need to do is print them and no editing could you not just plot them to dwf and then plot them with out using 2006 LT at all? This way you eliminate multiple copies floating around.