water supply

rubberduckguy

Hi I am a civil eng student and I am looking for blocks/ actual dwg cad drawings

cross sections of sluice valves, fire hydrants, air valves etc can any one help me out

Welcome to CADTutor.

You need to provide a bit more information than that. Do you want cross-sections of each of the items listed? Or, do you need a cross-section of a sluice valve (typically called gate valves) and blocks that are symbolic representations of the others? Also, there are different types of sluice valves (needle, radial, rising, vertical, flap, etc) so sections will look very different for each different type.

Many of the top manufacturers of those appurtenances have cad dwgs on their websites. (e.g. Mueller, Val-matic, ITT, etc.) You can also check out several of the free cad repositories online.

Scribble im looking for cross section cad drawings of sluice valves and fire hydrants and air and scower valves, sluice valve types-ball, butterfly basically anythying i can get my hands on and view, then i can decide if relevant.

thanks for your speedy reply.

Scribble im looking for cross section cad drawings of sluice valves and fire hydrants and air and scower valves, sluice valve types-ball, butterfly basically anythying i can get my hands on and view, then i can decide if relevant.

thanks for your speedy reply.

That's what I thought you were requesting. This is going to be hard to come by. Bill_borec's suggestion is going to be your best chance probably. I work for a company that does primarily water/wastewater designs. I have never had to show a section of either of those items in your list. However, I can see the manufacturer needing to provide drawings with sections for production though.

It is probably a long-shot but you can check at the CAD Block Exchange Network. Good luck to in your search. :thumbsup: