Video Rendering: Can I split a 40sec video into 2 videos? Tips to speed up rendering?

numberOCD

Hi,

I'm nearing the end of my battle of the Inventor and have a few last troubles.

I'm rendering the segments of video on 3 different computers and need to transfer the material, color, lighting styles, etc. to the other 2 computers and can't quite figure it out. Any notes?

Also, one video is 36.8 sec long and I am trying to split the video into two wmv to splice later but cannot get past the 30 second mark on the animation. Any way to do Part 1 and Part 2?

And for the rendering, I'm aiming for the 1024x780 at high or presentation quality (preferably presentation) at 24 fps. Is this overkill? Is there a faster way to render at this level?

Thanks!

Are you using Project file (*.ipj)?

How do you have your Project file set up? Use Style LIbrary? Folder Options Design Data?

You can go into Styles Editor and Export/Import.

Search Google on Bill Bogan Inventor Studio.

You might also search here http://au.autodesk.com online (free) classes.

I always split up animations to 30 sec max and then use editing software (like Microsoft Movie Maker or Camtasia Studio) to splice together.

I used a designated project for the whole production and have kept all of the parts and assemblies in the same folder and folders within. For all but one, I used all basic material styles but with custom color changes and I did not save them as new types. The one that was saved is in the folder. Can I export all of the material and color styles into a folder and import that on the secondary computers?

I'm not familiar with "Folder Options Design Data"; is that an automatic folder or a custom folder?

For the split animations, am I able to split segments of animation from a 31+ second animation or do I need to make the animations in the .iam no more than 30 second?

Thanks again, JD

I'm not familiar with "Folder Options Design Data"; is that an automatic folder or a custom folder?

Edit your ipj file and take a look at the list of option settings.

Folder Options

Design Data