Title Block as Block not Xref (ProjectWise))

Wigman

Hi All,

First time poster, i have what i feel is quite a complex issue, but im sure (or I hope) there will be someone who will know a suitably quick solution.

Basically I am CAD Manager for a large project within a consultancy, and we are using ProjectWise for sotring drawings. Our site covers a long distance 14km or so so for each element of design there are 88 sepearte views, prior to my arrival there has been set up 88 seperate templates for each view. Sensible enough you might say but, these frames have been done as a block, with the title block attributes having ben lniked with projectwise. The client now wants to make a changhe to that frame, which I have told the management will be a monumentus task, 88 templates to change never mind the coulpe of hundred drawings already created. Understandable they are not happy about this, as it is usually company CAD standard to Xref the frame in and have the attributed title as a block.

My question is, could I write someknid of script that could open each template drawing, remove the frame from the linked title block, xref it back in from a centralised version which can then be updated for all when neccessary.

Hope this makes sense, please aske for any further clarifcation if needed.

Regards

Wigman.

Welcome to the forum. This sounds more daunting than it likely is. Sheet set manager may come into play. I have never used ProjectWise. You might want to check on LEE MAC's website to see if he might have a solution there for you. No doubt one of the 'lisperati' will rise to the challenge, just give them a while, somebody will sort you out.

Hi Dadgad,

Thanks for your response, yes that's what I was hoping, ill check out Lee Mac's site in the mean time. Thanks for the warm wlecome.

Wigman