Autocad HATCH what's happening?!

Well, I've been working on this document the last year or so. Hatches were working just great. I passed it on to a friend so he would help me with some details, which included shadows (lots of hatches). When he gave it back to me, I continued to work on it and now suddendly my hatches don't work, at all. I click hatch everything looks normal then I proceed to select objects/pick points and I click enter and it appears to be fine except no hatch shows up. I've tried different types of hatch, scales, etc. Why is this happening? What should I do? At moments I find myself copying hatches already done and altering them by dragging corners to fit new places but this is quite time consuming.

Any suggestions or ideas?

I must say my friend's version was I think autocad 2011 or 2010 and mine is 2012. Could this be the reason?

I'm not sure what FILLMODE is but I typed it in command window:

Enter new value for FILLMODE : 1

So it is set to 1.

Then on to step 2. Can you upload a small portion of your drawing with some hatching in it so we can have a look at it? We'll need a DWG file not an image. Start the process by clicking on the Go Advanced button in the lower right-hand corner.

the file on rapidshare is 30mb or so but I can't understand why the portion is 10mb...it only contains like two classrooms one or two hatches...any suggestions on how to reduce file size? i've tried purging and so..

Copy the following then paste it in your command line. Hit Enter. Then try to hatch. What happens?

(setenv "MaxHatch" "100000")

right now it says - Unknown command "SETENV". Press F1 for help.

thanks for your patience! don't give up on me please!

You did not include the parenthesis did you?

The reason behind my suggestion comes via the DotSoft website and this....

Why won't AutoCAD create my dense hatch?

AutoCAD sets a default limit of 10000 segments. If the hatch that would be created would exceed that, AutoCAD refuses to create the hatch. However you can change the default value to any number from 100 to 10,000,000. To increase the value, enter the following at the command prompt. The example shows increasing the value to 100,000. Note that the name MaxHatch is case sensitive and must be entered as shown.

Command: (setenv "MaxHatch" "100000")

Your hatches are being created, but someone applied a hatch layer override, so they're all being created on layer "EDIFICADO PROPOSTO" .... which is turned off.

Hatch Layer Override.jpg

Once again nestly nailed it so the credit is all his. I was just killing time until the Calvary arrived to save the day.

Glad you got it working again.

It's funny how these things work, I never use Hatch Layer Overrides, but just last week I was watching some online classes from AutoCAD University 2011, and that was one of the "tips" given, so it was fresh in my mind.