Dynamic block with mtext field

jwstimac

Hello again!

I have a dynamic block with mostly visibility parameters and a couple stretch and array actions. I am using multi leaders with fields that are supposed to reference custom properties from the sheet set. I have mtext with fields in paper space that are referencing the custom properties fine but none of the blocks with fields are working. Any ideas? attached but without the sheet set file not sure how much help it will be. Thanks!

John

block1.dwg

Without having read them myself, it looks like you may get some good information from the similar threads listed at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for the suggestion but no solid leads there. I can't even get an attribute to link to my sheet set manager custom property. Is there an issue with fields and dynamic blocks that I am not aware of?

I also created a new sheet set file for the set of drawings that this block is located in. Maybe that has something to do with it? Again my fields outside of my blocks are working fine.

It may be like putting a field in dimension text which references attributes of other objects, where you need to redefine the path just about every time you use it, which pretty well defeats the purpose. Strictly conjecture there, can't say definitively.

So from what I can tell the only fields that work in blocks that reference a sheet set custom property are attributes?