Pennfoster's Elecrical and electronic schematic drafting project

HARPAL

Hi Car5858

Could please guide me find a symbols block library,I need for this project.I don't have any idea about there dimentions to creat my own blocks.

Thanks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• bego

• HARPAL

• paisis123

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Which project number(s) are you referring to?

An electrical schematic is not usually drawn to a particular scale so symbol size is somewhat flexible. Large enough to be seen when printed but not so large they overwhelm the intent of the drawing.

I guess I should have asked that a different way.

Is the the house plan with electrical system or is this the "elective"?

Or is it the inductive load drivers and u-scan brush selection?

Thanks

Actually I did have gone through this image.As I do not have any knowledge to creat these symbols or you can say not very confident yet that is why I was looking for some ready made symbols for this assignment.I really appericiate yours help.I do have some issues with my civil drafting elective project plate 2-3.and I would attach a copy of pdf and my dwg. in my next post to get help from yourself.

Thanks again

I think you should attempt to create the symbols yourself as it would be a good learning experience. It's too easy using symbols already created by someone else.

Hi Remark

Here is my new issue. and it is for Elective civil drafting project.I didn't get how to proceed with drafting new contours as shown in attached pdf file.I have studied these 2-3 pages for a couple of time but I don't know why I am so dumb that it is not going in my brain.I feel My brain stopped working now.It is very hard to learn by taking online courses.

thanks.

guide lines to draw building site contous-p2.jpg

(TEST)-PROPOSED DRIVE WAY AND BUILDING SITE CONTOURS (PLATE 2-3 ).dwg

elective civil draftin project plate 2-3 p6.jpg

elective civil draftin project plate 2-32.jpg

elective civil draftin project plate 2-3-p5.jpg

guide lines to draw building site contous-p1.jpg

elective civil draftin project plate 2-3.jpg

I would have to go through the instructions re: driveway contours in their entirety to see what is being asked.

Thank u very much .I would really appericiate.

Also, Just use a standard Measurement when doing the U-Scan and binary Code thingy....Blocks are a very useful tool to use.

Remember, Its your Own scale, Make Symbols Have a Standard. Imagine Legos If you will.

• 1 month later...

I have just started into the graded projects for this course as well and I would have to agree that creating blocks has been the most frustrating and reward moments so far.

I have just started into the graded projects for this course as well and I would have to agree that creating blocks has been the most frustrating and reward moments so far.

yes that too. Dont make them too complex, but always strive to make things simple in complex situations

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I am having a very basic problem with the electrical drafting project. I have finished both plates and now ready to insert my title block. However for plate 1 they say use the title block at a scale of 1=1. Does this mean I cannot scale the title block to fit around the drawing, or do I scale down the drawing to fit in the 17x11 title block? No other project has stated this, so just a bit confused.

Hi Chloe

I am done with this course a couple of weeks before and have got 93% average scores.I guess the scale for plate-1 is 1"=1' and not 1=1.this dwg fits very well on that scale in portrait view and we do have some extra room left for legend etc.Whenever you need help please feel free to contact me at bhasinharpal@hotmail.com

Normally one draws blocks at 1:1 scale and not to a particular scale. When the block is inserted in a drawing a scale factor can be specified.

Normally one draws blocks at 1:1 scale and not to a particular scale. When the block is inserted in a drawing a scale factor can be specified.

Agreed, usually all things are drawn in model space, and then you switch to your paper space. create a View port, add a standard title sheet , and then hand it in.