Configuring features

Browny_76

I was wondering if there was a way to have two different configurations, where they both have the same boss/extrude, but in one you set it to merge & the other to not merge??

Im not sure if there is a way to control that dialog box off hand, but you can do it as a separate feature and simply suppress it. Deselect "merge results" in the extrude operation, then use the "combine" feature. This will keep it external to the extrude and allow easier control over it.

I thought this was interesting so I gave it a try. Model any feature then create another merging the results (1 solid body). Create a new config. Edit second feature and uncheck merge results then specify this configuration under the configuration tab. After you accept the changes you will notice 2 solid bodies in the feature tree. When you select the original config you will have 1 solid body. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply

Sorry, im not sure i follow though.

Are you saying you create 2 seperate, but identical features, however, in one you select "merge result" & dont in the other.

Then you just create 2 configurations and suppress one of the two in each?

This does work in essence but it also raises the issue of later features and the parent/child relationship in some cases.

Thanks again for the help.

No browny he was saying after you have created your feature, make a new configuration then edit that feature. In the new config you can have it "un merged", while the original configuration it will stay merged.