why the file igs imported to inventor cannot do stress analysis

ewachoy

Hi all,

i'm newbie in inventor. i had got this skull model in .igs format. then i imported to inventor version 2012 with option in single composite features. so now i guess the skull model is in one part.

Q1: however the model still in transparent which im not sure if this will affect what im going to do in stress analysis. how do i fix the transparent model?

Q2: i try to repair the model by entering the repair mode. i manage to find those errors but i cant repair using 'heal errors' button. n i tried to stitch also wont work. how do i repair this model?

this is the errors shown:

error.jpg

Q3: eventually i wanted to do stress analysis for my skull model. i can assign materials but other steps like constraints, load, are unable to to select the surface that i want to do simulation. it just cant click on the surface which i dunno why. how do i solve this prob & can proceed to the stress analysis?

Hope you guys can help me out as this is my final year project for my bachelor degree. I really in need of these solutions. Please help me!!

Thousands thanks in advanced!!!!

I am having the same problem with the transparent part, and they are indeed surface models. You can use the stitch feature to stitch together two surfaces, however this will not work for my part. I am not sure of any other ways to create a solid from surface components. Any one else have better ideas?

I don't know if you meant me or not JD, but I have attached my files. The problem I am having with this part and many others is the importing a dwg into inventor. If you have any advice, or know of some good resources that would be very appreciated.

Thank You

9 pin female vga.ipt

9-pin-fm.sp-d.dwg

You will have to learn the Construction or Repair environments.

This one is trivially easy to get to solids as there isn't anything wrong with the original geometry.

Construction Environment.jpg

OK, thank you very much for your help, I will try learning more about the repair environments. I am new to Inventor so I am trying to learn as much as I can. Thanks again

now that i successfully convert it to solid model. but this intersecting face drive me crazy. i tried all the repair methods but it just doesnt work. mind helping??

error1.jpg