Performance Issues?

junkie_ball

Hi,

Our company has just upgrade the Cad software to Autocad Lt 2012. Since the upgrade the new version of Cad seems to be lagging. I'm only using is for 2d models as such i can see why this is happening. Is the new version of cad high on system resource? I run Rhino for 3d modelling without any of these problems. System spec below. I appreciate the system is getting on now but as it runs rhino smoothy i would have though cad lt would not be a problem.

System Spec

Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Dell DV051

Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 2038MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c

I can't offer any specific help but I'm running a 6 year old Dell Dimension 9100, CPU 2.8, 1Gb Ram which copes with ACA 2011 without too many issues. I do find after 3 or 4 days I do need to shut down and reboot as the memory seems to get cluttered. Do you get problems if Rhino for 3d is not running? Are you running any anti-virus? On my laptop I have Kaspersky which does slow down AutoCAD were as my Dell has Esot and has no problems.

Both of you might want to consider boosting your RAM.

I've taken your advise and ordered RAM for all 3 of my machines. I found it was quite cheap.

Hi,

Our company has just upgrade the Cad software to Autocad Lt 2012. Since the upgrade the new version of Cad seems to be lagging. I'm only using is for 2d models as such i can see why this is happening. Is the new version of cad high on system resource? I run Rhino for 3d modelling without any of these problems. System spec below. I appreciate the system is getting on now but as it runs rhino smoothy i would have though cad lt would not be a problem.

System Spec

Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Dell DV051

Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 2038MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c

I handle some pretty large 3D files with only 2GB of RAM, I saw vast improvement disabling InfoCenter and using a better graphics card and driver. (You would think they would spring for some more RAM, but we use leased machines)

Hatches are a pain, do your files contain any hatches? If so make sure they are close to their origin.

Google for ways to improve AutoCAD performance and Windows XP performance.

What version of Rhino are you using?

• 1 month later...

i find that turning hardware acceleration ON helps the performance of autocad. maybe its just my machine?

Dell Pricision T1600

Intel Xeon CPU E31225 @ 3.10 GHz

8GB Ram

NVIDIA Quadro 600

Would the use of ADAPTIVE DEGRADATION help? Thus ensuring greater speed by prioritizing system resources to those portions of the program where it is needed?