Dynamic Block Grip Question

LaneClare

Hi. I'm wondering if there is a way to do two things with a block.

In the attached drawing, I have a block, Block01.

There are 2 visibility states: stretch with 90 degree ends, and stretch with angled ends.

I'd like for the grips for the other parameters to move with the block when I stretch one grip. For example: If I stretch the object with the 90 degree end, I'd like the grips for the angled ends stay in the same position relative to the corners of the object.

I'd also like to have a parameter that reads the angle when stretching with the "stretch with angled ends parameter.

Any ideas?File008.dwg

I can't open the drawing because my software is old but I do have a 'start looking here' suggestion.

I "THINK" that the grips, and maybe the parameter would have to be included within the selected stretch area of the 'other' action. I am sure someone more adept at dynamic blocks will follow on to help more.

I "THINK" that the grips, and maybe the parameter would have to be included within the selected stretch area of the 'other' action. I am sure someone more adept at dynamic blocks will follow on to help more.
that is where I started but to get all 3 parameters in each other's set worked some of the time and had the grip racing away at twice the speed in others.

My solution drops the visibility parameter and adds a third grip just for the square ended stretch.

This is so close to being it! It works perfectly, except that I need to be able to stretch both ends and sides. I've tried using a linear stretch pair, and set up the same way that you have, and it isn't working for me. Maybe I can use different parameters for each action and achieve what I need.....

not exactly what you asked for but how about this....

[ATTACH]33531[/ATTACH]

How did you make the point parameter stay on the line? Mine keeps moving off of the line to stay even with the stretch point.

How did you make the point parameter stay on the line? Mine keeps moving off of the line to stay even with the stretch point.
8) I wondered when you would ask.

I have included a move action in each stretch parameter with a factor 0,5 so as the side is stretched the point moves half the amount. Of course this only works if you put the point on the midpoint but you can change the muiltipliers if you want it offset.

8) I wondered when you would ask.

I have included a move action in each stretch parameter with a factor 0,5 so as the side is stretched the point moves half the amount. Of course this only works if you put the point on the midpoint but you can change the muiltipliers if you want it offset.

So I got that working great; Is there a way to ensure that the stretch is always straight up? I'm playing with replacing the point parameters with another linear stretch pair, but that doesn't seem to be working for me with the other things....

I'm working with that currently; Any suggestions?

well, I was merely educatedly guessing. :P;)

Suggestions? Maybe try decaff? You're way ahead of me.:lol:

A while ago, I had trouble trying to build a 2d plan view block for a double door that needed to stretch from the center out in both directions simultaniously. That danged thing was like quantum physics to me.:? Another forum member just happened to post one that worked beautifully, so I used it instead of mine.:twisted: At any rate, I learned from it to consider carefully the order in which parameters and actions are added to a block and how the selection box will effect prior ones.

Happy to see you getting there. This thread helped me quite a bit too.

(Constraints? I dun need no stinkin constraints) Well, I don't have full AutoCad anyhow.:ouch:

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I am trying to get two lines to rotate about two opposing circles whilst being able to stretch and also being joined together at the ends, so they can be controlled with one grip. I have been able to have the one set to work as i wish but I can not get it to work for both at he same time.

Any ideas, solutions or amendments to my block would be greatly appreciated

I feel like I have tried everything.

Thanks.

a.dwg

Hello,

I am trying to get two lines to rotate about two opposing circles whilst being able to stretch and also being joined together at the ends, so they can be controlled with one grip. I have been able to have the one set to work as i wish but I can not get it to work for both at he same time.

Any ideas, solutions or amendments to my block would be greatly appreciated

I feel like I have tried everything.

Thanks.

This thread is a year old. Try posting a new thread with your question. When you append to an old thread, many users will ignore it because they remember having been there, and done that.