extrude and sweep command

cadtagz

hi there...i have a question, what is the difference between extrude and sweep command in terms of extruding a close polyline using a path?

I believe that there is little to no difference between the two commands, within the context of using them along a path, and that they will yield the same results.

thanks, but can you be more specific? or can you explain it, its highly appreciated.

Typically I would characterize the EXTRUDE command as being used for pure geometric shapes, or linear enlargement. SWEEP is usually used for the generation of more complex non rectilinear shapes. There is another command PRESSPULL which is even easier to use than EXTRUDE, because it will work on a greater variety of object types, and they do not need to be closed in order to create 3d Solids. If you investigate your MODELING and SOLID EDITING toolbars or palettes you will find other available options.