Hatching vs file size

sammyteacake

Hello all

I have a very basic question, which I thought I knew the answer to, but after a recent conversation with a colleague I'm not sure any more...

My question is: do all types of hatching increase the drawing file size or does solid hatching behave differently and only add a few kbs rather than a few hundred?

Many thanks

I will say that there should be no difference at all - both hatches are stored as a list of features (area where is applied, color, layer and other) where the only difference is the name of the pattern.

Regards,

Mircea

In a recent test I failed to notice any large differences between a normal hatch pattern (ex. - ANSI32) and a solid hatch. I used a 2x2 square that I hatched in one drawing and a square of the same size that I applied a solid hatch to in another drawing. There was a small, 4KB, size difference between the two. Try doing the same thing yourself. To take the test further you might try half a dozen different hatch patterns.