Creating tube miter correctly

jamami

Drawing views were one of the features I was most excited about in 2012 but they ended up being half baked at best. They are supposed to be improvements in 2013 however, so we'll find out in a few more weeks....

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jamami

• nestly

• SEANT

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the tip. Have just experimented with VIEWBASE and it answers a lot of issues I have faced hsitorically. Just wish I'd joined this forum 10 years ago! The Viewbase help gives no indication how to change the default projection from 3rd to 1st angle, however a quick search helped to resolve that issue. Is it possible to create projected views other than Front, Back, Left, Right etc? Sometimes, typically when working on doubly mitred inclined members, I find it useful to show a projected view at an angle to the member axis to illustrate the mitre radius.

You can get all the standard isometric views, just drag toward the corners of the parent view instead of straight up/down/left/right, but you can't currently get any custom views in 2012