Furniture for 1:20 floorplan (2D furniture template)

nicnac01

Hi All,

I'm a real newbie to autocad, i've slowly but surely got my head around the 'basic' functions of it and have managed to draw a floorplan... :) :) I'm feeling a real sense of achievement at getting to this stage as i was close to throwing in the towel a couple of days ago lol

Anyway, i really would like to include some furniture onto my 2d plan; i.e sofa, units, etc; for some reason i thought these would be already included in the software.

The symbols that i have managed to locate are very limited and are only architectural i.e windows, doorways. I can't find any tables, seating, etc.

So my question is where can i find the pieces of furniture?? or do i need to custom make them (that sent chills!! lol)

I hope all the above makes sense?

Thanks

hi and welcome to the forums!

I recommend you start at CBEN.net, Cad Block Exchange network.

Drawing your own is not that tricky, all depending on what level of detail you require.

Many Thanks for replying!! I shall have a look at the sites as suggested, if need be i may attempt to just jump straight into drawing my own... :twisted:

The detailing would be pretty simple... i'm sticking to the easy option at the mo whilst trying to get to grips with it all!! :)

Creating your own blocks is not difficult at all. Managing them effectively is the challenge. You could put them on a custom tool palette for easy access.