Need help to start Piping

hoss

Okay good, you're in the right Template then.

So now what you do is this: In the Properties Palette when you start the Add Pipe command, choose the Routing Preferences that you need. This controls whether you want Flanged piping, Threaded piping, etc. There are plenty of defaults already loaded so you probably won't have to adjust much. This will help you run piping much more smoothly and efficiently.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tzframpton

• hoss

• dumfatnhappy

• jmerch

My next question,:oops:

How do you draw a Low Loss Header ( long pipe with end capped with flanges and brnches coming out of side).

I hate .......:x

After you draw the main header, select the pipe. Then click the (+) sign in the middle of the pipe. This gives you a "takeoff", which you can select in Properties Palette to be an actual takeoff, or a tee fitting. These are very basic questions that can be answered in the User Guide. Please make sure you're reading through those pages as well and when you really get hung up, then come back to this board.

:)

Thanks for your help

I found the take off in manual but can't find how to add cap ends ( flanges at the end to cap off the header).

Thanks for your help again

Thanks for your help

I found the take off in manual but can't find how to add cap ends ( flanges at the end to cap off the header).

PIPEFITTINGADD > Type: Endcap > Subtype: Blind Flange.

This is becoming redundant. I'm leaving you on your own for awhile, please don't take this as rude but it seems that you're not taking any time to look for these items. These questions are as simple as AutoCAD MEP can get. You should be able to find simple catalog parts since you at least know where that is at. It is organized very well. Happy MEP'ing!! hehe

:)

Thanks for your help

I have been rushed and don't get chance to read

I personaly like to find things myself, that way I remember them.

On this occasion I don't have time to read and explorer.

• 1 month later...

Wouldn't converting it to a mvpart help when you have to move equipement around, because the pipes would be attached to the part and stretch when you move it?

"converting" a solid to an 'mvpart' is good for controlling graphics but in order to be smart enough to hang on to pipes, duct, conduit, etc it would have to have "connectors" which you add/create through Content Builder (and then add to catalog)... which can be parametric (enter dimensions for diff size units) or block based.

Now you're starting to peel that onion, prematurely I might add...:shock:

might as well be quicksand

Wouldn't converting it to a mvpart help when you have to move equipement around, because the pipes would be attached to the part and stretch when you move it?
Absolutely. :)