Hollow plines, and when I align a block my drawing zoom extents

Hello all:

Been using this site for a couple of years now and it's been very helpful solving my problems. Currently I am using 2010 Map 3d, for water main base plans.

So, onto the problem. I use Micro Survey to process my field work. From there I open in Cad, import layers from our GIS data base for property, buildings, addresses, etc.

The only thing I have done different is from another project was copy and paste some utility layers.

Now my drawing turns any plines with width into hollow lines, and if align something my drawing will zoom to extents, also text mask does not work and i tried turning text to Mtext and it will not let me select yes for background mask.

All other drawings I check everything works fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sort of sounds like it might be a UCS problem. Is your UCSFOLLOW set to 0 ? If not, it might help, and go to your WORLD UCS.

thanks for your help, it helped with the pline issue. So, there must be a second problem in my drawing.

when i grab a grip on some text my cross hairs rotate probably still a ucs setting that i don't know about. If there is no quick fix looks like I will have to redo the text.

Also still having a problem with text mask. The only thing that works is wipeout

thanks

Wide polylines only display "filled" in the Wireframe visual styles when they're viewed perpendicular to the UCS they were created on. If it's merely a view issue, USC > World followed by PLAN > World. This also would apply to text masks.

The rotating crosshairs thing when selecting text also probably also means the text(s) were created (or rotated) out of plane with the current UCS.