AutoCAD Architeture 3d

paisis123

Is there any specific tutorials for ACAD ARCH 2012? I'm basically taking a 2d drawing and manually converting it to 3D. ;)

the drawings are large structures (warehouses) so anything that specifically involves I-Beams, isles, and other warehouse/factory related stuff will be appreciated. 8)

Google has failed to give me answers on how to add a roof as well.:x

remind me to bookmark these things.....Thanks again ReMark.

edit: i Just figured out to build a floor!, now for the more tedious stuff....rendering...

A SCSI raid system? And here I thought I was the last person on earth who still used SCSI hard drives. Or did until my hard drive crashed and burned on me.

wait, i have that system. yet i have no idea what it means. can you explain. I thought its raid 0? as my drives are split and i only have 1TB capactiy even though i have 2 1TB drives.

Ahm it was a custom computer that was bought from cyperpower pcs, it was a custom setup. (warranty expired) i just wanted raid 0 when i ordered it and then it came with SCSI mumbo jumbo.

I have no idea if its good or bad, so long as both drives dont fail on me.

Im acually contemplating on switching out the Graphic cards, as my job is switching to 3d and my pc needs to handle everything, including 3 monitors.

Do you know what speed the SCSI drives are spinning at? I had one system with a 15,000 rpm SCSI drive and another with a 10,000 rpm SCSI drive. Fast but very expensive.

Most drives that ship with in a desktop system are SATA II and spin at 7200 rpm unless you spec something different.

Neither type hold a candle to the new SSD's though.

Yes wish this thread that your on is for remark to take pity in my usless 1700 dollar machine i call pc.

BTW, i have made my first offical design yesterday in the company, and got recognition for doing well ahead of schedule.

Congrats paisis on that accomplishment.

I don't see anything amiss with your computer. Are you experiencing some problems?

its problems that could become apparent soon

can i contact you when i put in my new graphics cards next friday?

I bought

2 ATI Sapphire radeons 6870's

1 active display port to dvi adapter

2 connections for the power supply to the cards themselves.

have you ever changes a graphics cards in an existing system?

You can post any questions regarding your system in the Chat forum. We have many forum members who not only know the software side of things but are conversant in hardware matters as well. We'll all pitch in to give you a hand if need be.

Yes, I have swapped out graphics cards on occasion as well as RAM, hard drives, motherboards, and power supplies. Usually no big deal as long as you have some idea of what you are doing and make sure to ground yourself before touching anything inside the case. Oh, and don't forget to disconnect the power cord. We don't want any accidents now do we?

BTW...we have to charge double what we do for CAD advice when we advise on hardware related issues.:P:lol:

Sorry for the slight thread jack :)

Not wishing to start a new thread so....

I've got some Architectural modeling to do and I'm after some advice.

I did some 3d models back in 2006 (I think) using autodesk architecture, but never really got around to rendering them properly.

I've now got Architecture 2012, Revit (no BIM needed) sketchup and 3DS max.

So what's the best way forwards?

Given the software available I'm thinking model it in Architecture and import into 3DS for rendering etc

Or just model it all in 3DS?

I've not even mentioned sketchup (ive not used 3DS (recently) or sketchup)

Any thoughts?

TIA

Sorry for the slight thread jack :)

Not wishing to start a new thread so....

I've got some Architectural modeling to do and I'm after some advice.

I did some 3d models back in 2006 (I think) using autodesk architecture, but never really got around to rendering them properly.

I've now got Architecture 2012, Revit (no BIM needed) sketchup and 3DS max.

So what's the best way forwards?

Given the software available I'm thinking model it in Architecture and import into 3DS for rendering etc

Or just model it all in 3DS?

I've not even mentioned sketchup (ive not used 3DS (recently) or sketchup)

Any thoughts?

TIA

Hmm. Revit is intended to be used with "purpose", so if you're designing strictly for "presentation" purposes then you can scratch Revit off the list.

Since AutoCAD Architecture is Autodesk's version of trying to make AutoCAD function like Revit, that might scratch out ACA as an option too, only because you can do really great 3D renders with much more ease with SketchUP and 3DS Max, depending on what you're after.

I've seen some phenomenal architectural work done in SketchUP that would have taken much longer to design in ACA or Revit. Granted, a "guru" at Revit could do things VERY fast because Families are necessary for anything to truly function properly when designing in Revit, where as in SketchUP, you just "run with it".