Fields in attribute.

CadFrank

hi, I would like to know if someone knows a short cut to update the fields in the attribute without double clicking on the blockattribute to change the.

I'm looking for something to write in the command line.

Thanks in advance !

Cheers & Beers

it depends how the field is linked. If it is an information link (file name etc.) a simple regen will update it. If it is a link to another block I don't think it can be done in any other way than you are already doing.

You can insert a field which is specified as the PLOT DATE, and when you print it, the field will be automatically populated triggered by the print command. Other dates can be configured to work in much the same way.

date options.jpg

date fields updates.jpg

Yes it will work, but you need to replace the existing text in the block. Double click on the text (not the block) then use your right click menu to insert field, then you can configure it as you wish.

A create, save or plot date will be triggered without the need for the updatefield command, pursuant to your fieldeval settings.

Typically REGEN will update fields, but I believe that is not the case with the DATE field.

Here you go automatic save date.

Every time you SAVE the field is updated, just check the time stamp.

There are lots of situations where folks don't want a date field to update automatically.

Creation, Save and Plot are dates which are more likely to be used as self updated, with a certain amount of impunity.

save dated block att.dwg

I chose a date format with minutes and second time stamp, so we wouldn't need to wait until tomorrow to see if it worked. Now that you know it works you can adjust the date style to whatever suits you. :beer: