dimension to an intersection

stevsmith

How do you dimension to and intersection in a dwg?

In inventor you can right click and select intersection. sw doesnt seem to have this option. and it has a rather long winded way of doing it.

i would like to know how you all do this.

Thanks in advance.

ok it is hard to do. First right click on a toolbar. From the list pull up the selection filter toolbar and the quick snaps toolbar. Now you have snaps and selection of type of filter you need. Select what you are trying to snap.. being edge, vertex, faces, bodies etc.. now choose a quick snap function. The only one available is intersection of 2 curves. You can try also horizontal / vertical as well.

I can't be bothered using this method. The easiest way is to draw a few construction lines and snap to that. Painful I know, but easier.

Yeah, I found that way to be rather tedious. I actually found another way but it's just as long winded. So much so, I have came home and already forgot how to do it. lol. I will post what i done on Monday but it involves the "dim expert" highlight 2 vertices and it creates a sharp which can be snapped to.

How do you dimension to and intersection in a dwg?

In inventor you can right click and select intersection. sw doesnt seem to have this option. and it has a rather long winded way of doing it.

i would like to know how you all do this.

Thanks in advance.

is this a .dwg or an a .slddrw file?

.slddrw Matt.

I'm no longer using inventor, I've got a new job and it's all Solidworks :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

HAPPY DAYS ONCE AGAIN!!