help request fillet on wheel

cncbasher

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I would suggest uploading at least the JPG to this forum with the built in image handler, a rar-file is not something at least I want to download just like that.

You could try the chamfer tool in features. Set the depth and apply. It would be trial and error based thou. Put it into Autocad and it will be done in few seconds.

i'm looking to hopfully get this wheel shape into 3d , so the opinion is to use autocad

well i'm open to guidance too ,

i need to get it to an stl file for 3d milling and then casting mould etc

i have access to autocad if thats a better route ?

i have attached my origonal acad drawing for 2 wheels , if it helps anyone to get this into 3d

wheel-patterns-a.dwg

I have no clue why anyone would do this in AutoCAD if they have SolidWorks.

i need to get it to an stl file for 3d milling...

A stl file is coarsely faceted surfaces - generally not suitable for 3d milling.

A stl file is coarsely faceted surfaces - generally not suitable for 3d milling.

i would agree , i am fortunate through work to be able to have access to solidworks out of working time , and i could once i have it as a solidworks model ,get our resident guru to run it through camworks

but i must admit , i'd like to do it to learn the process , i'm an engineer not a cad guy , so pulling a few favours or a few pub pints will have to do.

when saving the stl file in SW you can customize the facet angles as small as you want. I do this for 3d printing. at 1degree and below most curvature facets are well under the tolerance of the 3d milling program.

CNC basher, its hard to tell from the small pic but i would do this with surfaces. do you have any larger pictures?