Missing SHX File

wally318

When I open a drawing I get the message: One or more SHX files are missing.What do you want to do? Specify a replacement for each SHX file. Or Ignore the missing SHX file and continue. How do I figure out what SHX file is missing?

When I open a drawing I get the message: One or more SHX files are missing.What do you want to do? Specify a replacement for each SHX file. Or Ignore the missing SHX file and continue. How do I figure out what SHX file is missing?

If you click on "Specify a replacement".... for each missing SHX file, you will get a browse for file dialog, and the name of the missing SHX file will be in the "File Name" field.

It is new AutoCad. It happens on all drawings.

Sounds like the linked SHX file is in your TEMPLATE drawing. If you know where the shape file is located, maybe you just need to add the path to your support file search path.