Adding Information to Plots

Hi All. First post, I would normally use the search function (I'm sure some forum police will be along in a bit to tell me so) but I have absolutely no idea what to search for, so I thought I might describe it.

I want to add a sort of legend / information box to my drawings, in a manner where it can remain constant and in the same place every time I print but I can edit the information therein. I guess that means making up a template, but I'm stuck beyond that.

Having robbed this picture from the google image search:

windWillowsCAD-1-750.jpg

I want to make that table at the top. Maybe add a company logo, the title, scale, author, etc. I'm sure you know the score. But I was hoping I could do it in such a way where I've only got to draw it once and all future drawings I can simply edit the specifics and add it to all drawings, regardless of size or scale.

Many thanks up front, please go easy on me I normally draw things with a pencil and drawing board and believe me during this learning process there have already been too many times where I'm tempted to go back! :?

T.C

Its called a title "block" this is a pretty basic drafting 1st step, make it at a scale of 1:1 to suit the size of the plotted paper and put it in paperspace of your layout tab, save it along with all your other std dwg settings & blocks etc than save as a DWT "Template". then you can use it on any project. Each time you copy the layout the "Title goes with it as its a block you can do stuff like sheet numbering.

Search around 100's of title blocks make sure though no copyright.

I create Titleblocks in Model Space and make them BLOCKS and Insert Blocks through a Tool Palette or Design Center, but I have all kinds of titleblocks to be used.

BIGAL's method is the way to go for many.

AutoCAD 2011 has some at C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2011\UserDataCache\Template

Search words in bold.

Draw the title block in modelspace, in a blank drawing, add text, attributes, etc. Save that file as a .dwg file, say TB1.dwg. Now when you start a new drawing go into the Layout Tab and insert the TB1.dwg.

Create a .dwt (template file) with layer names, linetypes, dimstyles, etc. and use that to start any new drawing. Then insert the title block you want to use in the layout.

You can use the acadiso.dwt as the basis for your master title block since it is designed to be used for those drawing in metric units. You'll also want to include metric linetypes in your drawing template file not imperial.

Nice one people, got that sorted, but slight issue with it now that I can't work out.

I have created my title block and brought it into the paper space, all good. I have created a viewport within it and got my model into it. All good.

Now the only thing is that when I add my text to the title block, in paperspace, it appears fine in paperspace but when I go to print it, it all goes sideways and ends up across the model.

Hope this makes sense, I've googled it but no clues why it's doing that.

If I get time I'll upload a print screen of it in paperspace and a print screen of it in print preview.