export a big map as bmp or jpg

harawer

I'd like to export the map of a city in a detailed scale to jpg or bmp. It doesn't matter if I get a 100,000 x 100,000 pixel image (or four 50,000 x 50,000).

I've tried zooming and then exporting, but all I get is a bmp containing the zoomed area only.

hi mike-

did you figure out a good "resolution" to this problem? I'm having similar difficulties, as I built a large scale urban design/plan too.

I tried plot dialog box"publish to JPEG" but everything starts going haywire, either making a microscopic image, or turning everything into huge lineweights to the point of color blob abstraction!

Also- (and yes i have tried the monochrome print option)

does anyone know of a way to export these drawings as B&W instead of all the line colors? I've just been creating an extra drawing copy and turning all the layers to black color lines!

thanks-

TC

• 3 years later...

Hi,

I just fired up AutoCad for the first time. I don't need to work with it but I needed to clean up an image, photoshop erasing wasn't making it better and the image was DWG.

To get it to Bitmap I did my thing in AutoCad, and then I saved it as .dwg.

After that I started a DWG to PDF free little software program. Then I opened the PDF in Photoshop and told it to import it really big. The .dwg is vector, and that remains after the to PDF conversion.

And then it's in Photoshop so you can get rid of the white with color range et voilá. A big image of an engine or whatever with a transparent background, ready to scale/color etc.

It's an old topic 2006, but if anyone comes across it, this is how I've done it. And it works pretty well, the plot/publish function didn't work on this version of AutoCad 2008

Tried BMPOUT ? If its like tiffs if you want to true scale you need to work out your custom paper size as an example an A1 sheet at 200dpi = 801/25.4*200 for length 501/25.4*200 for height so paper size is 6307x3944

(200 dpi reproduces pretty good only problem is need a custom CTB about 4 x what pens were set to)