Copy with Base Point

Danhhig

When I download a drawing from some suppliers I find that I cannot do a "copy with base point" and paste that copy into my drawing except using "paste special" which leaves me with an unmanageable image. The source drawing has all the normal (it seems) attributes of a .dwg file and can be edited as a normal drawing; it just refuses to be "pasted" into my drawing. What am I missing here!

Dan

Have you tried downloading to a folder then using the Insert command? You cannot tell at a glance where the basepoint will be for any particular block. Could be on the block itself or on 0,0 or a million miles away.

Dan,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried Inserting (as a block) or 'XREF'-ing the downloaded drawing into yours?

It is possible that element(s) from the downloaded .dwg are conflicting with LT 2002? Autodesk has updated the file format since ACAD2002.

You may need to have the downloaded file saved-down to 2000 for you. You might post the downloaded dwg and see if someone here could take a moment to help you out by down-saving for you.

Good luck!