is it possible for 3d?

19cruthik68

i have a drawing of tower in 3d, i want to put all the drawing in 2d only so that i can trim some part of the lines, is it possible to put the 3d in 2d in one level only, i mean one axis. i hope someone could help me. thanks

• 1 month later...
If it is a 3D solid(s) you can do FLATSHOT or FLATTEN.

Hi, I already used this FLATTEN command before, but why is it now i am tryign to do it again but its not working, how is that?? ty

I think he means he used the command in another drawing and it worked. In his current drawing (tower) it does not work.

I think he means he used the command in another drawing and it worked. In his current drawing (tower) it does not work.

Yes thats what i mean.

Anyway, may i know if it will work (the FLATTEN command) in the drawing with a 2d drawings only? I mean a workspace are composed of 3d and 2d, now what i want to know is that, if flatten will work on it, because i think that is the issue. flattening the 3d drawings together with that 2d even when i am choosing only the 3d drawings

How about posting a copy of your drawing and we'll take a look at it.

FLATTEN

Flatten creates a 2D representation of selected objects and projects selected objects on to the current viewing plane, forcing object elevations and thickness to 0.

Other options for creating 2D geometry from 3D objects include:

SECTIONPLANE

FLATSHOT

SOLPROF

SOLDRAW/SOLVIEW

VIEWBASE (AutoCAD 2012 and higher)