Excel OLE is grainy

atb1984

I'm running AutoCAD MEP 2012.

The user with the problem is running AutoCAD 2012.

We have a drawing with an excel spreadsheet pasted into the Paper Space as an embedded OLE object. I open the drawing and it prints fine. When he prints the drawing, the spreadsheet is very grainy and hard to read.

I tried plotting to a PDF and several different printers with same results every time. The only difference I noticed about his Plot Dialog Window was in the "Shaded Viewport Options".

When he selects from the "Quality" dropdown, the values for DPI associated with each option are different than mine. For example, on "Quality" setting "Normal", my window shows 300 DPI and his shows 100 DPI.

I tried setting his to "Custom" with a value of 300 DPI, but it seems to have no effect.

May be unrelated, but I also noticed that his LWDEFAULT system variable somehow got set to 09. I had to set that back to 25.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

What do you have under “Shade plot” field (in PLOT dialog box)? Try to set it to “As displayed”.

Regards,

Mircea

It's set to "as displayed" and is greyed out.

There is no viewport in the drawing. It's just an excel sheet in paper space. This morning the user with the problem has the same values for DPI as I do. Those values have to effect on the result.

I changed the "plot quality" properties of the OLE itself, and that seems to help. It was originally set to "Very High", but I changed it to "Monochrome". It looks better now.

It still seems strange that I could plot it on any of those settings, but he can only plot it on the "monochrome" setting.

I changed the "plot quality" properties of the OLE itself, and that seems to help. It was originally set to "Very High", but I changed it to "Monochrome". It looks better now.

This is what I do also and find it comes out much better this way.