refrence manager is saving as 2012,but i need 2004..

cios106

hi all,

im re-pathing my xrefs by refrence manager, but it save as 2012 vers. should i install autocad 2004 to do this? because there is no customable setting for this. i need to save as 2004. thanks.

Repathing in itself should not be saving the files. It just changes the file path. I think you are missing something in your explanation, or maybe I am...

when i repath with refrence manager, the file is available to open on pc that installed autocad 2012, but 2004 not. i tried many times. and there is an option at refrence manager wiev>options at the right bottom, there is a option as version. but it locked to 2012, no other version options.. so i need to solve this, im waiting suggestions.and thanks RobDraw.

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to XREF a file from 2004 and it will not allow you to because the file that you want to reference is saved as 2012 .dwg format. You cannot change the version from the XREF manager. You can open the file with 2012 and save it as 2004 .dwg format and then XREF it from 2004.

If I still don't understand, please post a screen shot or two.

i solved the problem, after repath, go to top left, click A, go to save as options and use version converter for multiple files, thats it, and it works.

I ran into this issue yesterday when trying to change the path type of all my references from "full path" to "relative". However, even though the reference manager says it saved them as 2010 files, I don't think it did since those files didn't show any change in their "date modified". Like you I only save my files as 2004 files because many clients don't have newer versions.

Im sure, ref manager saves as 2012. I tried many times. Then im converting files to 2004. (and if there is a edu. stamp, converter gives error but its another issue)

Would someone please tell me how you are saving files using the reference manager? The reference manager I am familiar with doesn't do that.

Thank you, RKent, though I don't know why you deleted your post. I am not familiar with that at all. I thought the OP was refering to the XREF Manager.

Would someone please tell me how you are saving files using the reference manager? The reference manager I am familiar with doesn't do that.

When you click apply changes, the Reference manager only saves your master file as a AutoCAD 2010 file, it doesn't re-save that file's external reference files whose paths you modified.