Attribute Dialog Box

rod_smithsr

Don't know about block insertion from palette, but for regular insertion the display of dialog for attributes is controled by ATTDIA system variable - it should be set to 1.

Regards,

Mircea

Thx msasu, I appreciate the help, however I already adjusted the system variable to 1. Just need it work when dragging and dropping from the tool palette... sigh... *rod screams*

• 3 weeks later...

*lol* I'm sorry to laugh, but I'm having the opposite problem with 2011. I have the stupid prompt box, and I don't want it. ATTDIA is set to 0, ATTREQ is set to 1, inserting directly gets no prompt box (preferred), and from the toolbar, I have the prompt box, every time.

ATTREQ (should) controls whether you get prompts or not, ATTDIA controls whether you get a dialogue box or if you use the command line.

hi all,

i also have the problem. and i have set attdia to 1, attreq to 1. but it does not appear the dialog box. and i have to set attdia to 0, it still does not work. by the way i use cad2012 currently.

ahub: Are you inserting from tool palette or directly from the insert command? My problem was only with the tool palette, and it was fixed with the lisp program for which I provided the link. All you have to do is to download the lisp routine, then on the ribbon, load application. Choose the lisp program and select load. It should work after that. Once you've confirmed that it works, you may want to add it to your startup routine; there's a button on the load program prompt box to do so.

attribute block dialog box issue_3.jpgPlease find the attachment showing my porblem(cad2012 no attribute dialog box appear). i have set attdia & attreq to 1. but still does not work. i do not know what is the problem.

attribute block dialog box issue_2.jpg

attribute block dialog box issue_1.jpg

attribute block dialog box issue_3.jpg

attribute block dialog box issue_1.jpg

attribute block dialog box issue_2.jpg

Edited by ahub05
change photo size

OK; I'm not completely understand your problem, these are the things that I *think* you may be asking:

1) Your blocks work fine in Cad2012, but when using Cad2007, the dialogue box pops up instead of the straightforward prompts in the command line.

2) Your block isn't showing the correct information in 2012, but it is in 2007, or vice versa, or neither version is working the way that you want it to.

Possible answers to these issues:

1) You have the dialogue box in 2007, but not in 2012. Do you want the dialogue box, or not? Are you inserting from a toolbar or are you inserting from the command line or the insert button? These things affect how you go about fixing the issue.

2) What information should your block be showing? If it isn't showing what you want it to show, first check the individual attribute settings (in block editor, from the properties menu; select the attribute, and the attribute properties should show. Make sure that the invisible box isn't checked). outside of that, I have no real experience there, and only use 2011, so I don't know about the mixing of the versions.

HTH. You should probably start a new thread to ask, since this one isn't getting much traffic, and I'm not really able to help you. Good Luck!