Showing rounded corners in viewport without so many lines?

moniker

I have a piece of my 3D model (it's a square tube with rounded corners) that I'm trying to display in a viewport in 2D but there are too many surface lines on the corners. Is there a way to display the rounded corners as sharp edges and the hidden lines of the object?

Thanks, Mdb, I'll look into that. I just played with FLATSHOT and it seems to be doing what I want it to with the exception that all lines are continuous. If I can figure out how to make the hidden lines dashed, I'll be golden.

So, I just tried "hidden" visual style, it gets rid of the surface lines on the exterior of the surface but it doesn't show any hidden lines. Any thoughts?

I like the FLATSHOT command and I've found that if you explode the resulting block, the hidden lines become dashed as selected. But now the visible lines are defaulting the the "0" layer despite selecting "by layer" in the options. I suppose I can manually switch them all to the desired layer but if anyone has any insight into a less laborious method, please share.

In a Layout use the new VIEWBASE command.

When using the VIEWBASE command you can control the visibility of your HIDDEN and VISIBLE lines, each of which is further broken down into NARROW. You can set the linetypes and layer colors however you want them, and have other layer functionality available. If you want to lose the tangential visible lines, turn off VISIBLE NARROW. Or you can do the same with the HIDDEN NARROW lines, if the level of detail is too busy for your tastes. Remember that the VIEWBASE function is new to Autocad 2012, and in order for others using earlier versions of Autocad to be able to view them they will need to have downloaded (free from the Autodesk site) DWG Trueview 2012.

visible narrow on hidden narrow off.jpg

hidden narrow turned off.jpg

viewbasehiddennarrow on.jpg