• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davidbrittain11

• SLW210

• RobDraw

• f700es

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ahh yes - sorry I see what you mean by Windows Elements now.

YES - success in part. Having unchecked the box as you show, I can now zoom with the mouse wheel. Great.

When I press the mouse wheel though it scrolls between open applications rather than panning, so I need to get this sorted now. I tried shutting down AutoCAD and this 'scrolling between applications' still continues with other things I have open such as Word and Outlook etc. So its a generic setting that I need to change, not just one I can change within AutoCAD. Certainly the MBUTTONPAN command doesn't seem to do anything whether set to 0 or 1.

Getting there - many thanks.

Then it sounds like a setting in Windows for the scrolling with the middle button. On my Dell laptop the middle button is set for Middle click (default). Check that David.

Sean

Ahh yes - sorry I see what you mean by Windows Elements now.

YES - success in part. Having unchecked the box as you show, I can now zoom with the mouse wheel. Great.

When I press the mouse wheel though it scrolls between open applications rather than panning, so I need to get this sorted now. I tried shutting down AutoCAD and this 'scrolling between applications' still continues with other things I have open such as Word and Outlook etc. So its a generic setting that I need to change, not just one I can change within AutoCAD. Certainly the MBUTTONPAN command doesn't seem to do anything whether set to 0 or 1.

Getting there - many thanks.

f700es

Thanks for the tip but I don't have an option for setting the middle button (ie. wheel) for Middle click (default) in Windows 7. The customisation options for the buttons and wheel in Windows 7 are quite poor but it must be able to be changed.

I am not keen that on pressing the wheel, it flips between open applications. There must be a way to change that so that in AutoCAD it pans (and then when you double click the middle wheel it zooms extents, as it used to do on my last laptop with Windows XP Pro)

I will keep looking into this. It might be I need to try to configure the X-Mouse Button Control application that SLW210 told me about and that I installed, though it doesn't seem to have done anything yet. maybe I need to UNINSTALL that to get this working.

As ever with IT stuff, trial and many errors will eventually get me there, hopefully!

f700es

Thanks for the tip but I don't have an option for setting the middle button (ie. wheel) for Middle click (default) in Windows 7. The customisation options for the buttons and wheel in Windows 7 are quite poor but it must be able to be changed.

I am not keen that on pressing the wheel, it flips between open applications. There must be a way to change that so that in AutoCAD it pans (and then when you double click the middle wheel it zooms extents, as it used to do on my last laptop with Windows XP Pro)

I will keep looking into this. It might be I need to try to configure the X-Mouse Button Control application that SLW210 told me about and that I installed, though it doesn't seem to have done anything yet. maybe I need to UNINSTALL that to get this working.

As ever with IT stuff, trial and many errors will eventually get me there, hopefully!

Definitely try that.

Wow, still having problems. I admire your perseverance. I think if it were me I'd shelve the new mouse and reinstall my old MS mouse (sans scrollwheel). Hope you get it figured out before too long. Good luck.

Ha, I would have "nuked and paved" the hdd and reinstalled Win7 at this point ;)

Wow, still having problems. I admire your perseverance. I think if it were me I'd shelve the new mouse and reinstall my old MS mouse (sans scrollwheel). Hope you get it figured out before too long. Good luck.

Open window...throw X-Mouse out. Works for me.

One would think that since the introduction of the mouse this type of problem would be a thing of the past. How many years has it been?

• 2 years later...

I realize this thread has been inactive for a couple years now, but I ran into the same issue today and had trouble finding a solution. I eventually went to Advanced Properties in my mouse software (Lenovo), clicked on the Wheel tab and selected "Use MS Office 97 Scrolling Emulation Only" instead of the default "Enable Universal Scrolling". Pan and zoom seem to work as expected in AutoCAD now. Hope this helps.