AutoCAD mandatory nap time.

addesigns

Does anyone get mandatory naptime at work. Ive been trying to convince my boss but she is not really buying it. Anyone have any good reasons I could use to get what I want?

Tens of thousands of people looking for jobs and you're pressing your boss for mandatory nap time? Not planning on staying employed much longer are you?

I know of one local company that has a nap room and a policy that covers its use. It has been written up in the paper and featured on both TV and radio. The company is Yarde Metals of Southington, CT. Look it up on the Internet and see why the President and CEO of the company was an advocate of nap time.

There are plenty of jobs out there and if I lose mine, I will just get another. She knows it is all in good fun -- But if I can come up with a good excuse them just maybe. (Crossing my fingers)

The local school system has even taken nap time away from the kindergartners. My wife who is a kindergarten teacher is furious about it, but they needed to "maximize learning opportunities". They did this at the same time the cut art out completely, and reduced recess to 10 minutes once a day.

I asked her if they had made the warden mad some way....she didn't see the humor.

Yeah, good luck with that. However, lunch time seems as good as any for a nap. Have you thought of that? Eat lunch then take a short nap.

The local school system has even taken nap time away from the kindergartners. My wife who is a kindergarten teacher is furious about it' date=' but they needed to "maximize learning opportunities". They did this at the same time the cut art out completely, and reduced recess to 10 minutes once a day.

I asked her if they had made the warden mad some way....she didn't see the humor.[/quote']Does this make me feel creepy because I have read about the Cultural Revolution in China?

Does this make me feel creepy because I have read about the Cultural Revolution in China?

Could be I guess. I have never understood the fascination the politicians and business leaders in this country have with it China and Japan. The things that kids in school in this country get away with would never be tolerated in these countries. You let a kid slap a teacher in China, they'll take him out behind the school and beat him half to death. Here, they investigate the teacher to see what she did to provoke the child. Japanese kid doesn't do his homework, it brings shame on the whole family. Here, the teacher has failed to motivate the child properly. And this "No Child Left Behind" nonsense? Wanna know why Japanese kids scores are so high? It's because they don't tolerate the crap we accept as expected here. Kids that don't want to learn, and don't want to let others learn don't stay in the classroom, they are drummed out.

Sorry, got on my soapbox...getting off it now.

Wow, talk about your "off-topic" topic. Well, I guess I'd come down for those who need it, and I'd be one who would from time to time need it. I'm sure we could produce all the scientific studies which show certain people perform better after a nap. But like so many other things in this busy world, we're just not ready for things which might work...only things which will produce revenue.

You try explaining that people are at their best in the morning therefore by introducing a nap time it would be like having 2 mornings in a day and she will be getting the best out of everyone.;)

From the title, I thought this thread would be about AutoCAD shutting down temporarily. Mine does it all the time. If you added up all the time each day I spend waiting for it to do something, you could probably carve out a decent nap.