layout border thing problem

therealsaint01

Screen Shot 2012-03-22 at 3.11.24 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2012-03-22 at 3.11.24 PM.jpgHi,

I wonder if anyone could help me.

I am battling to get rid of this grey background thing in the pic. I am trying to make it all blackwith NO page border things(dashed square).

This effect is causing problems for me when i am trying to make view's in my layouts.

I know its a type-in command-i just seem to have forgotten it..

Thanks ladies/Gents

Those were intended to help you visualize the page size and views placement on it. But if you want to get rid of them just go in Options --> Display --> Layout elements and un-check "Display printable area" and "Display paper background" options.

Regards,

Mircea

I generally make a border the size of the page i will be plotting and stay inside that, although i can have numerous view ports created inside that border.

Mircea - Thanks alot i was getting very very annoyed, helped my day.

The solid outer line represents the edge of the paper. The dashed inner line represents the printable area inside that paper. You can remove the dashed line, but be advised that you may place things outside it that will not appear on your final print.