• ReMark

• Dadgad

• Dana W

• SuperCAD

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My guess would be

1. You drew an ellipse.

2. Your monitor/resolution settings are not correct.

i did not drew an ellipse..i'm sure of that...i guess it in my monitor setting but how can i adjust the resolution of my monitor?

I suspect this is a perspective issue. Try adjusting in the upper left hand corner of your modelspace, the VIEWPORT CONTROLS as shown in my attachment to display your TOP view. I suspect you are looking at your circle from an isometric perspective, which will change how it appears, you need to be looking at it in plan (or from the bottom) so that it will display as a circle. The second image shows a circle which is drawn on the XY plane as viewed from an isometric perspective. If you observe it from the left, right, front or back perspectives it will display as a line.

try top view.JPG

circle viewed isometric.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

i did not drew an ellipse..i'm sure of that...i guess it in my monitor setting but how can i adjust the resolution of my monitor?

It depends on what operating system you have. Do you have Window$ or Mac (or something else)?

Whoda thunk that there would be so many questions for what seems like a simple task?

In the absence of any answers to those who would gladly offer assistance we have a clear case of diminishing returns.

Did you figure it out? If so, please advise. :)

Without your input our hands are tied.

Help us to help you. Communicate.

Edited by Dadgad

Well like Samsung Monitor I had 23 inch and wide this makes your drawings such as circles makes like a ellipse so don't worry about it, it's the wide screen was the culprit.

Viewres not set to max. 20000

Viewres has nothing to do with fixing circles that look like ovals. Viewres will take a circle that looks like it was comprised of many little line segments and smooth it out.

Anyway, even if the OP were seeing circles displayed as polygons a setting as low as 2000 would smooth the circles out on most systems.

Well like Samsung Monitor I had 23 inch and wide this makes your drawings such as circles makes like a ellipse so don't worry about it, it's the wide screen was the culprit.

You can still get circles to look round even on a 23" widescreen LCD. I've had no problem with the display of circles on the three widescreen monitors I use which are 21, 23 and 28 inch models.

The OP's problem still sounds UCS related to me, as there has been a subsequent post describing an ortho line as looking slanted, which I should think would not be a monitor issue, and raise a huge RED flag.

The OP's problem still sounds UCS related to me, as there has been a subsequent post describing an ortho line as looking slanted, which I should think would not be a monitor issue, and raise a huge RED flag.

Grab another cup of coffee and clear out the cobwebs. The OP does not mention anything about an ortho line looking slanted. That was the dream you had last night about something being crooked.

I still think it's a monitor setting problem. You need to use a setting that is recommended for your monitor. For instance, on my 23" 1920 x 1080 is the proper setting for resolution. If I use a setting that is for a non-widescreen monitor, my images will appear distorted since it's trying to take the wrong resolution and stretch it to the boundaries of the monitor.

The same thing would hold true when using a widescreen setting on a standard monitor, just in the opposite direction.