Flexi-curvey loop

dreamer

Hi

I have been using AutoCAD mainly doing shopfitting and construction drawings; occasional 3D presentations. Therefore I am clueless as to how to start drawing something like e.g. the flexi-curvey loop of a flip flop in 3D.

I would appreciate if anyone can give me a head start please.

Many thanks.

flip flog.jpg

I'm assuming you are not talking about the sole of the flip flop is that correct?

Use a spline and sweep a profile along it.

Thanks ReMark

Not the sole. Spline and sweep - sounds simple but I don't think I get it. The rise and twist of the strap. Please help me some more.

flap flog spline.jpg

Edited by dreamer

The strap. OK. Creating the spline will be a bit of a challenge. Since I've done nothing like this I too would have to experiment. First though I'll have to buy a pair of flip flops!:shock:

i would tackle it in different chunks if i were you, its all relatively flat till where it would go down the side of your foot, so do the flat straighter parts brought over to right before the twist. and from there the easiest thing would be if you could figure out the "helix" command. I havent played with it in CAD but did see it now exists. (or even easier, if you have a subscription download "Inventor Fusion" and do it in there, the revolve command there allows for a pitch)

Thank you guys.

So I should start learning Inventor Fusion or do it the hard way with AutoCAD?

It just look such a simple strap ..... :(

I'll have to find time to sort it out.

I would use Inventor before I would use Inventor Fusion or AutoCAD.

Any way you look at it this is going to be a challenging learning curve if you want something close to realistic.

This is not an easy design.

Is this a student project.

Is this a student project.

No. Only I want to design a health-care at the same time design-conscious product in the advance form of flip-flop :roll:

Not so easy ha?