Edit an Existing Toolbar...AutoCAD 2012

ReMark

Someone asked, in another thread, if an existing toolbar could be edited. The answer is "Yes". Here is proof. I edited the "Web" toolbar by adding the 3DArray command to it. I also edited the graphic as well. Below are two images. The top one is of the original toolbar. The one below it is the customized version. I used AutoCAD 2010 for this demonstration.

WebToolbar_Original.PNG

WebToolbar_Custom.PNG

Note: In AutoCAD 2012 these icon images are in a compiled file called acadbtn.dll which can be found in the following location: AutoCAD 2012 - English (C:\Program Files\AutoDesk).

Edited by ReMark

again...you do not read my posts...I have already done what you just posted and have already posted that. I ask again...can you edit an existing toolbar button as we have always been able to do. Not add an to an existing toolbar or create a new toolbar and button...edit an existing toolbar button...edit it's script and icon. Do you work for Autodesk?

Please remain in your seat and try to stay calm.

No, I do not work for AutoDesk.

Yes, you can edit an existing toolbar button as I demonstrated above. Script? You mean the macro that governs what happens when the command is accessed? Yes, you can edit that too.

Test it for yourself. Change the macro for the Erase command from ^C^CErase to *^C^CErase\;\ and see what happens. First note what happens when you use the ERASE command prior to making any changes to the macro.

you obviously don't know the answer and or are being beligerent. Your demonstration does NOT show that you can edit and existing or imported

tool bar/ button as I have asked. Is there anyone else that can answer my question an or problem in doing this operation as posted above. My other posts are available in the other thread I started....thank you

lets try this...in the old mnu system of Acad...you could go into toolbar customization and right click into any toolbar button (existing) (not a new button) and edit the macro and or script and it's icon. I am unable to do this in the CUI Customization panel. I cannot right or double click on an existing toolbar button to access its macro or icon. Can you do this and if so what am I doing wrong?

I am not being belligerent. All I have tried to do so far is help you by posting useful links and demonstrating that an existing toolbar can be edited and the commands assigned to it can be altered. If that is not what you wanted then so be it.

When you return to your original thread it might help if you told us what toolbar you want to edit and what specific edits you want to make to both the icons on the toolbar and the associated macros. That should eliminate about 90% of the problem right there.

I work strictly through the User Interface icon found on the Manage tab, Customization panel. I do not right-click on a toolbar to begin the customization process.

read previous post...I can't be any more to the point...fine (see your response) when I am in CUI C/P how do you access an existing toolbar button to edit it?

o.k can you load multiple menus without losing acad.cui toolbars/pulldowns and pallates? In other words, we used to be able to load multiple menus to populate toolbars, is this possible and if so how?

They should. Did you make your edits to the main body of the CUI file or did you do it under the section with the heading Partial Customization Files > CUSTOM > Toolbars? Or maybe you were not aware of this section of the CUI?

yes I m aware of the CUI panel that has the button info. The command list does list my button commands (very large list and had to scrol through many before finding mine). The bmp files are there (my custom, but not existing?)

BTW...thank you...and what a pain in arse the CUI editing process is. Since the toolbar icons come in as question marks (have not been able to import them with custom icons) It is very difficult to edit the command per the list vs. a right click of the existing toolbar. Fortunately I have the imported toolbars running on another system and can match the list commands to the proper location on the existing toolbar.

If we had more to work with (your custom toolbar and BMP files) I'm sure we could figure it out.

I do not find working with the CUI all that cumbersome having edited menu files in past releases of AutoCAD.

You're welcomed.