• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DANIEL

• ReMark

• Raudel Solis

• f700es

Autodesk was nice enough to send a rieminder regarding my subscription .....

so, who's implimented 2013 here and what's your thoughts? I'm reluctnat to jump .....

I have been using LT 2013 for about 3 hours now. My intitial thoughts are...

The property change preview is pretty cool and there's very easy access to 360 (we don't use it yet but are considering it).

Associative array improvement seems good but I've only played with it and haven't had the chance to actually use it yet.

I do like the clickable command options, they work well for me.

At first I thought the floating command bar was really good but for some reason i'm getting a bit of lag for every command when it's floating, but fine again when docked in its traditional position.

I've been AutoCAD beta tester also! But now I'm running the 2013 Release and I have 2 say looks very stable! No crash yet :D

I like the update of fast switching between AutoCAD and Inventor Fusion.

And the new/updated Layout tab with the optiops to make sections and details like in Inventor, helps to keep your model very clean. No more updating Flatshot and Sectionplane!

I've been AutoCAD beta tester also! But now I'm running the 2013 Release and I have 2 say looks very stable! No crash yet :D

I like the update of fast switching between AutoCAD and Inventor Fusion.

And the new/updated Layout tab with the optiops to make sections and details like in Inventor, helps to keep your model very clean. No more updating Flatshot and Sectionplane!

I'm interested in that too.

I dowloaded and installed 2013 yesterday, but I haven't gotten a chance to play around with the new bits yet.

With this release, I should probably get myself to convert to the ribbon interface :( I've been holding out, and its so easy to stick to the classic interface, since all your settings get imported from the previous release.

So they actually named it 2013. I work in the commercial construction biz, mostly high-rise and the only time a building has a 13th floor is while the construction elevators are in place. Once it becomes occupied with tenants, the number 13 disappears from all elevators and floors and suite numbers. I was expecting them to name it AutoDesk Extreme or anything which did not have the number 13 in it.

:huh:

So they actually named it 2013. I work in the commercial construction biz, mostly high-rise and the only time a building has a 13th floor is while the construction elevators are in place. Once it becomes occupied with tenants, the number 13 disappears from all elevators and floors and suite numbers. I was expecting them to name it AutoDesk Extreme or anything which did not have the number 13 in it.

That has always amazed me, that superstition is so prevalent and culturally ingrained that someone ever felt the need to figure out a work-around, and that we still do, THAT!. :huh:

The flipside of that coin is, that mindblowing as it is, it has effectively given birth to a word as great as Triscadephobia. Nice one Bill! :beer:

It's all in the mind of the tenants. There's also another rule in the business that a floor is considered to be 10 ft in height. Even though most buildings have a huge gap between the ground floor and the second floor for lobbies and atriums and the typical distance between floors is 12 to 16 feet. Nonetheless, the building commission will allow a developer, like Donald Trump, to call the 54th floor, the 71st floor provided the 54th floor is beyound a certain height....why you ask? Because developers like Donald Trump have found that people will pay more rent for a floor with a higher number.....go figure!

It's all in the mind of the tenants. There's also another rule in the business that a floor is considered to be 10 ft in height. Even though most buildings have a huge gap between the ground floor and the second floor for lobbies and atriums and the typical distance between floors is 12 to 16 feet. Nonetheless, the building commission will allow a developer, like Donald Trump, to call the 54th floor, the 71st floor provided the 54th floor is beyound a certain height....why you ask? Because developers like Donald Trump have found that people will pay more rent for a floor with a higher number.....go figure!

That doesn't seem so unreasonable to me, as it is like defining a residential standard measuring stick, which is independent of slab counts. If I am a leap-baby, at the end of eight calendar years.....am I really just 2 years old? I don't fault "THE DONALD" for this one. Now THAT, is a statement I never thought I would make. I would be hard pressed to find anything else to do with him that would incline me to repeat that statement. :beer:

Well my $5000 box cane in today. We shall see ;)

"Danny,

I've requested physical media shipped to per your request below,

2013 box shipment request

new serial # xxx-xxxxxxxx

product key xxxxx

3 seats

Thanks

Josie White

CSS Premier Sales Support"

• 2 weeks later...
so i got my upgrades, they manage to forget the serial numbers however ...... brilliant!

i started my download, just havent pressed the resume button, i used a download manager

i started my download, just havent pressed the resume button, i used a download manager

i din't do the down load, i made them send it to me, I got the serial numbers so it wasn't a big deal but it didn't keep me from chuckling at there expense.

so far i'd have to say 2013 looks pretty stable, the only real issue i've come across so far is that printing to our hp crashes it every time.