Dimension Parameter units

LaneClare

Hi. I'm working on a link between AutoCad and Excel. In order to complete the tasks at hand, I need the measurement units to be in a decimal form, and not the traditional feet and inches. SO.... Is there a way to set data extraction units separately from the regular dimensional styles? Or have you figured out a way to do this from the Excel side?

Are you saying that the dimensions in the drawing are in architectural feet and inches but they need to be in decimal feet and inches in your spreadsheet?

Within the drawing, I'd like to show architectural feet and inches, since that is most helpful for the people executing the drawings. However, on the datalink, for calculation purposes, Excel doesn't read feet and inches (unless someone knows something that I don't, which is certainly possible), so I need for it to be in decimal feet and inches, or just in inches, so that the value in the table is a single number.

There is an add-in for Excel called InchCalc that makes it possible to do calculations in feet and inches. There must be other ways of addressing the conversion issue as well. Try a search and see what you can find.

Well, holy pooping ease. *lol* do you know how many times I've searched, and with how many combos of search strings?!?

Thank you for that tip! I wish it could be more direct, but until excel decides to change its ways.... This'll do the trick! Thanks again.