Standard to metric

3DAWGPUPZ

Will AutoCAD convert standard to metric with the push of a button? Do you have to convert them manually? If the answer is yes which versions will?:(

By standard you mean imperial measurement?

I think you should provide more infomation on your intent: Is that drawing just a sketch? It also contains dimensions? It have a sheet and a title block? This is because the answer will depend of that.

Regards,

Mircea

The dimensions can be both by using alternate units in the dimension style. Either a scale factor of 25.4 or .0.03937 depending on which is primary and which is alternate.

If you want to change a drawing from metric to imperial (or via versa) then you change the units and when it asks you rescale the model. It's a push of a button but about 5.

Not trying to take this off on a tangent, but this is one of the things that I love about SolidWorks. I can switch between metric and imperial at will without having to convert anything. I've always wondered why it was so difficult to do with AutoCAD.

Not trying to take this off on a tangent, but this is one of the things that I love about SolidWorks. I can switch between metric and imperial at will without having to convert anything. I've always wondered why it was so difficult to do with AutoCAD.

Autodesk has a modern 3D CAD program called Autodesk Inventor that does this exactly like SolidWorks. They charge a bit more for this functionality. http://store.autodesk.com/store/adskus/html/pbPage.allProductsLanding

Dassualt has another CAD program called Catia. It does a bit more than SolidWorks. They charge a bit more for this additional functionality. http://www.3ds.com/products/