2013 memory recommendations

DANIEL

how much memory should i shoot for to run 2013 smoothly and any graphic card recommendations?

the machine will have a 64 bit windows 7 and a 64 bit autocad 2013.

Hasn't AutoDesk released the minimum recommended specifications yet for 2013?

I'd say 6-8GB of RAM and a video card with 1GB of SDRAM would be suitable.

Hasn't AutoDesk released the minimum recommended specifications yet for 2013?

I'd say 6-8GB of RAM and a video card with 1GB of SDRAM would be suitable.

I don't keep up much with hard ware any more, I don't want the minimum, i want whats going to work. what are you running?

It's all right there in my Computer Details. The ones shown are for my work computer. My home system is slightly different.

It's all right there in my Computer Details. The ones shown are for my work computer. My home system is slightly different.

I forget about those discipline and computer details off over there on the left under peoples avatars lol.

thanks remark lol

*goes for more coffee since he obviously needs it to wake the heck up*

Nah, my home box has 6gb and it works fine. ;)

My laptop, which I took on site with me today to measure and draw up a rent house for the University was smooth as silk with 4gb on Win7-74 and Acad 2012. But I guess if you can get it then get it. I guess as much as you can afford. 8gb kit at NewEgg is only $50.

FWIW -

We're running multiple titles for 2009, 2011, and 2012 (a n d 2013 shortly?) on Windows 7 64-Bit, 16GB RAM, and 2GB (min) VC.

My home system has only 8GB of RAM and a 1GB gaming card in it. I run 2010 and 2011 on it with no problem. On the days I telecommute I have AutoCAD 2011 (64-bit) running along with FoxFire, an antivirus program, MS Excel, MS Access, and playing a CD too. I'll also have a screen capture program running in the background. The system hums along even when working in a fairly busy 3D drawing.

FWIW -

We're running multiple titles for 2009, 2011, and 2012 (a n d 2013 shortly?) on Windows 7 64-Bit, 16GB RAM, and 2GB (min) VC.

Guess I should have specified that we're running verticals... Civil 3D, Map 3D, MEP, etc.

thanks for all the great info, obviously i finally got management to listen to me lol, now that they are actually paying attention to my advice I have to bone up on hardware again instead of just making what ever they give me work lol.